Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Surprised Humbled and Enlightened: My Ancestor Approved Award (Part 2 of 2)

I know you are surprised, but yes, I was awarded the Ancestor Approved Award!  When I think about the name of this award, I know that my Mom, Aunt Ruth, and Grandma Butler would definitely add their stamp of approval to everyone who has received this award, and to whom I will pass it along.  (Oh, and I hope they would be proud of me as well.)

I was supposed to list 10 things that surprised, humbled or enlightened me about my ancestors, and I was able to quickly rattle off 5 in my previous post (see post 1 of 2 here).  Rather than give you five more, I prefer to just focus on those bloggers out there who are also deserving of this award too.  I am not sure if they have received this award in the past, but I wanted to recognize them for their contributions.  In no specific order, here they are:

Jennifer - The Erudite Genealogist

Anna - Value Meals on the Volga

Staci - Wading in the Gene Pool

Mark - Think Genealogy

Michelle - The Turning of Generations

Colleen - Orations of OMcHodoy 

Becky - Grace and Glory

Russ - Family Tree Maker User

Heather - "Good to Know" - a Genealogist's Guide

Jenna - Desperately Seeking Surnames

Some of these bloggers were fellow Bloggers of Honor at the Arizona Family History Expo.  I love that we all have such diverse backgrounds and genealogies, but when we met it was like coming "home."  I was "feeling the love" under the Blog Hut from my fellow bloggers.  Thanks for extending your hand of friendship and welcoming me to the blogger world.

I also want to add that I never had so much fun with fellow genealogy bloggers.  And some people thing genealogy can't be fun?!

Hopefully you too will enjoy these blogs as much as I do.  Congratulations fellow bloggers!

Jirene

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...